We are searching for a Land Planner with professional experience working with homebuilders, developers, who has land use and zoning entitlement experience to join us in our Tucson office. The ideal candidate will also have physical planning, community involvement, public speaking, municipal research, and technical writing experience. Norris Design is a worldwide strategic partner in planning, landscape architecture and branding. We create value for our clients by combining excellent service with innovative solutions that can be implemented (in other words, our plans get built!). See what we mean at www.norris-design.com.
What do we have to offer?
You’ll be surrounded by creative people who love what they do while forging their own career paths. You’ll work with clients who entrust us with their projects, enjoy working with us and continue to come back time after time. You’ll have access to great technology; skill sets and creativity that knows no boundaries. You’ll be mentored, no matter how much experience you have – our mentoring culture is an important ingredient that contributes to our success as a company and to the success of our people.
- 5+ years of experience at a professional organization
- Experience working with homebuilders and developers in Tucson and surrounding area
- Experience leading internal teams and working with consultant teams, preparing schedules, and managing the application and approval process for residential, commercial, retail and mixed-use projects
- Have an understanding and knowledge of zoning regulations, subdivision regulations and land use, zoning and development review and approval processes
- Professional writing skills to effectively communicate the goals and objectives of projects and graphic design skills to supplement written expression
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and ACAD
- You’ll be enthusiastic, creative, and have the ability to think proactively and strategically
- 5+ years of professional experience (or more) with land use, zoning, and development review entitlements community participation and public speaking must be demonstrated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or another related field from an accredited program
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with position and qualifications.
If you’re intrigued, send us a cover letter, resume, three (3) professional references and your portfolio in PDF format that doesn’t exceed 10 pages to email@example.com. Please include your name, years of experience and the office location of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please send inquiries no later than August 1, 2019.
No phone calls please.
Norris Design is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.